A minor in mathematics provides a solid foundation for quantitative work in any major. Students can earn a minor in mathematics by completing at least 15 credits in mathematics courses distributed as follows:
- at least nine credits in MATH courses numbered 0250 or higher, and
- at least six credits in MATH courses numbered 1000 or higher;
with a grade of C or higher in each course, subject to the following exclusions:
- MATH 0400 cannot count toward the minor,
- MATH 0280 and MATH 1180 cannot both count toward the minor,
- MATH 0290 and MATH 1270 cannot both count toward the minor.
These minor requirements are listed on page two of the Authoritative Statement of Degree Requirements (major sheet) maintained by the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences.