The Department of Mathematics at the University of Pittsburgh (Oakland campus) invites applications for the part-time position of Instructor. This position is for a term of one semester, with the possibility of renewal. Responsibilities include teaching one or two courses per semester. Screening will be on a rolling basis.
- Completion of a bachelors degree in mathematics or a closely related field is required prior to the start of appointment.
- Applicants should be qualified to teach the following undergraduate courses in mathematics: College Algebra, Precalculus and Business Calculus
- Applicants must apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A complete application consists of: (1) curriculum vitae, (2) teaching statement, including a history of courses taught, and (3) one or more letters of reference which address teaching ability.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit any additional material which they believe sheds light on their teaching experience and ability as well as copies of teaching evaluations.
139 University Place, Room 304
Pittsburgh, PA 15206