The Math Assistance Center (MAC) provides a walk-in service; no appointments are scheduled or needed. If there is a particular teaching assistant you prefer to work with, their hours are listed in the schedules below. However, all graduate teaching assistants present at any time have the capacity to aid in any undergraduate mathematics course. Undergraduate teaching assistants are there to provide assistance in sub-calculus classes.
The MAC has moved! It is now located in the O'Hara Student Center.
O'Hara Student Center
4024 O'Hara Street
Fall/Spring Term Hours
Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Summer Term Hours
Monday - Friday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday, closed
The MAC opens the second week of classes each term and is closed during finals week.
Schedules by Class:
- Math 120 - Business Calculus
- Math 230 - Analytic Geometry and Calculus II
- Math 235 - Honors Calculus
- Math 240 - Analytic Geometry and Calculus III
- Math 280 - Linear Algebra
- Math 290 - Differential Equations
- Math 400 - Finite Mathematics
- Math 413 - Intro to Theoretical Math
- Math 420 - Theoretical 1 Variable Calculus
- Math 430 - Intro to Abstract Algebraic Systems
- Math 470 - Actuarial Mathematics I
- Math 1020 - Applied Elementary Number Theory
- Math 1025 - Introduction to Mathematical Cryptography
- Math 1050 - Combinatorial Mathematics
- Math 1070 - Numerical Analysis
- Math 1080 - Numerical Linear Algebra
- Math 1101 - Optimization
- Math 1121 - Actuarail Mathematics II
- Math 1180 - Linear Algebra
- Math 1270 - Ordinary Differential Equations I
- Math 1350 - Intro to Differential Geometry
- Math 1360 - Modeling in Applied Mathematics
- Math 1470 - Partial Differential Equations
- Math 1510 - Mathematical Probability
- Math 1550 - Vector Analysis
If you have any questions, please contact MAC Director Daniel Hockensmith or one of the following MAC coordinators.
For general study tips and academic advice, as well as resources for other subjects, feel free to consult the Study Lab Web page.